Burnt by Kim Hargreaves

I finished a thing! I’ve been fitting it in around other things but the actual knitting time was really quick.

I’ve had this Rowan Cotton Glace for ages so I’m really excited to have finally used it. The pattern is Burnt by Kim Hargreaves from Indigo and I love the simplicity of the shape.

The darts created by decreasing and increasing within the rib give a really flattering fit – but I had to make some alterations. I started working from the medium size then added in extra decreases at the edges so from the waist upwards it’s worked as the small size. I’m so happy with how that worked out – it fits perfectly!

I do love a keyhole at the back… and I happened to have a button in the perfect shade of green which was lucky. I’m tempted to make a cropped version that sits on the waist – maybe next summer!

Thanks again Constance for motivating me with your Kim Hargreaves knit-along!

Yarn provided by Rowan.

Kim Hargreaves Knit-along (with Stitching Over The Days)

If you’ve been following me for a while then you will know that I LOVE Kim Hargreaves patterns! Most of the garments I knit for myself are Kim’s and I know a lot of you are fans too.

I was very excited to hear that Constance Caddell of Stitching Over the Days is running a Kim Hargreaves KAL from Jul 1st (sorry if you’ve missed the begining!) to Dec 31st. There will be various give-aways, but it’s mostly just a great chance for us Kim fans to share what we’re working on, exchange tips and have a nosy at other peoples Kim knits!

There is more info on the knit-along here and there are a few hashtags you can follow on Instagram #SOTDKHAlong #SOTDKimHargreavesAlong #kimhargreavesalong

I’m planning to complete at least two Kim garments before the end of the year and had a bit of a head start because both were on the needles before July 1st. I’m catching up on some work knitting at the moment but can’t wait to get back to these!

Esme Cardigan

I’ve finished the back and fronts so just the sleeves to do (… and it needs a good block!).

Burnt Top

I’ve made some changes to the pattern because it’s quite fitted and has negative ease.

The small would’ve been too tight around the tummy/hips and the medium too loose around the bust… so I’ve started with the medium and added gradual shaping at the sides (as well as the darts worked in the rib) so the top section is roughly the same as the small. Hopefully it’ll fit!

It didn’t take long to knit the front so hopefully I’ll have time to finish it before my holiday in September.

Thanks for the motivation Constance!